Ten things about me you never wanted to know:
1. I’m very uncoordinated. From a dead stop I can run into the door beside me and spill my coffee down my shirt.
2. I am alcoholic, and sixteen years sober.
3. I am a knitter, spinner, weaver, and dyer, albeit new at the last two. Contrary to popular opinion, this will not help me in the apocalypse, because the shit we’ve already made is gonna last for a while.
4. I’ll travel almost anywhere for a good textile conference. I’m a freak that way.
5. I am learning American Sign Language, and considering interpreter’s school.
6. I am learning to belly dance. I’m a brick house, and built for it.
7. I live in San Francisco, in the Mission district. It’s a love/hate relationship.
8. I have an annoyingly large vocabulary; my family hates it when I use it, but my boyfriend thinks it’s hot.
9. I do not watch TV. I have a television and watch DVDs from time to time, but my two-per-week from Netflix rarely gets a workout. I see TV sometimes at my sister’s house, and it always weirds me out a little bit. Plus they make fun of me for not knowing what “Big Bang Theory” is.
10. My boyfriend has at least ten nicknames for me. Honestly, I’ve forgotten more than I’ve put on this list. He comes up with a new one every few months, but these are ones that have stuck: